The Jesuits built the church in 1645 and the Franciscans occupied it from 1797. During the Franciscan period, the complex underwent considerable renovations to adapt to the material and spiritual needs imposed by the Order. The church was abandoned from the second half of the 19th century until the 1920s. The nave’s architecture displays influence from the Early Renaissance, typical of Hernán Ruiz. Beautiful mid-18th century paintings decorate the church and its most striking feature is the dome, which displays a tremendous vision of the resurrection of Saint Francis.
C/ Virgen de Consolación, 1. Utrera,Utrera