Construction of the former palace, which once belonged to the Valdehermosa counts and San Marcial marquises, began in the 17th century and considerable works were carried out in the 18th and 19th centuries. Its rococo portal dates to 1730. The Romance and historicist halls within the building are remarkable. In 1877, Enrique de la Cuadra took on the property and filled the rooms with luxury and extravagance. He created the Arabian hall, an architectural treasure with yeseria and stucco that transports visitors to the Far East. Other uniquely beautiful rooms are the Pompeian hall, once used as a summer dining room, the German hall, adorned with the finest woods from the Americas, and the Chinese hall, which served as a ballroom.
Utrera’s town council currently occupies this property.
Plaza de Gibaxa, 1. Utrera,Utrera