The origin of this chapel is due to the 1780 flood. Some children were playing on the riverbank and saw a plank of wood being swept along the river. A swallow flew and rested on the plank. They went to save it and saw that the part covered by waters had the face of the Lord carved on into it.
A neighbour saw the children carrying the plank out of the river, who considered it to be something of a miracle. He built a post on the spot where it was found so that the public could worship it.
Years later, using the donations made, the current small chapel was built. The Chapel has a small Neoclassical altarpiece, created in 1807. Given that it is such a small space, no mass has ever been held there, except in very exceptional circumstances.
CALLE FERIA, puente-genil