The Santiago parish church was built in around 1600 for the area Miragenil, which was starting to form on the riverbank, belonging to the march of Estepa.
The church therefore belongs to the 17th century, but the interior décor was added in the 18th century. However, the existing baroque altarpieces are from the former Victoria church from Estepa since the original ones were damaged during the Civil War.
The elegant baroque belfry and the large ceramic tile representing Santiago are remarkable. This tile work was created by Sevillian potters and replaced the former large-scale oil painting that was found in the same place.
The most important ancient tradition in this vast neighbourhood is the procession held on the Sunday following the Corpus Christi.