Locals refer to the chapel as “the Jesús de Nazareno chapel”, which is part of the San Bartolomé Dominican convent. Bartolomé López de Marchena ordered and paid for its foundation in 1542 for the strengthening of the body and spirit. The chapel was built in the 17th century and important alterations were carried out in the second half of the 18th century. The portal’s design is a simple, lintel-based structure, which displays a frontispiece, flanked by pilasters and surmounted by a pediment that frames a tiled picture of the Nazarene. The portal provides access to a small church with a single rectangular nave covered by a barrel vault with lunettes and supporting arches, which sit upon a dentilled cornice. The Jesus Christ the Nazarene sculpture corresponds to the Seville school’s classic style of the late 16th century.
Av. San Juan Bosco, 10,Utrera