Construction of the church began in some of the houses donated by the Álvarez family. While the works were undertaken, the hospital housed the Virgin Mary sculpture, which was transferred to the completed church in 1747. The Sisters of the Holy Cross congregation currently occupies the church. Since the beginning of the century, the nuns have used the church for public worship, reserving a small oratory for private use. The church has an elliptical floor plan and is a rare and wonderful example of Sevillian Baroque, displayed through its architectural structure rather than highly decorative elements.
san fernando, 33, Utrera