The church’s construction commenced in 1525.It is a Gothic-Mudejar building from the 16th century and was remodelled in the 18th century to take on the Baroque style by Jerónimo Sánchez de Rueda. The late Renaissance main altarpiece is remarkable. Its sculptures are attributed to Juan Bautista Vázquez “El Viejo”. Its Sagrario is one of Spain’s finest examples of Baroque architecture and is the work of Francisco Javier Pedrajas. It was declared a National Monument in 1932.
Plaza Villanta, Priego de Córdoba