The Sisters of the Holy Cross congregation has served in the convent since 1924.
The convent consists of one single nave, a crossing and side chapels. Its construction dates back to the mid-seventeenth century, but it was completely rebuilt during the eighteenth century. The simple portal, which opens at the west end of the nave, belongs to the same period. Paintings that depict the Assumption, Saint Bonaventure, the Immaculate Conception, Saint Michael, Saint Benedict and the Jubilee of the Porziuncola are displayed on the main altarpiece.
The title sculpture and the tabernacle are believed to date back to 1786.
C/Sor Ángela de la Cruz, 20,Écija