This chapel was built in 1718, in line with Leonardo Antonio de Castro’s designs and under the patronage of the Bruna-Ahumada family, whose coats of arms can be observed on the pendentives of the interior dome. The single-nave church is separated into five sections with its dome in the chancel. It has a harsh, ashlar and brick façade, finished with a pediment and belfry.
The main altarpiece displays influences from Leonardo Antonio de Castro and was created by Francisco José Guerrero in 1762. It features a wonderful series of murals based on phytomorphic motifs and a votive image dedicated to the Assumption, which is also the work of Leonardo Antonio de Castro.
The imagery is impressive including the Sagrado Lavatorio sculpture collection, by Pedro de Mena and the image of Nuestra Señora de la Estrella by José Verdiguier.