Enrique de la Cuadra built the theatre in 1887, hence its current name.
Utrera’s town council acquired the property in June 1985 and it became part of the Public Theatre rehabilitation programme ran by the Andalusian government’s Public and Cultural Works department. The architect Juan Ruesga Navarro was commissioned to undertake the renovation. Works were completed in 1993 and the theatre opened its doors to the public with one of the widest stages in Andalusia. It has an Italian horseshoe-shaped auditorium and a well-proportioned stage, which along with its other facilities, results in a lively space that promotes artistic and cultural activities in the town.
C/ Sevilla, s/n. Utrera,Utrera