Puente Genil, Baena, Cabra and Lucena, fall within the Montilla-Moriles denomination of origin. Their most characteristic wines are ‘fino’, with a dry and slightly bitter taste, and sweet wines made from the Pedro Ximénez grape.
There is also the protected geographical indication of Sierra Sur de Jaén wines, which encompasses the wines produced in Alcalá la Real and which are known as ‘Vinos de la tierra’.
You can take part in activities such as vineyard and winery tours or wine tasting.
Tours and activities
- Tour of Bodegas Marcelino Serrano vineyards, tasting and sampling, Alcalá la Real
- Winery tour and tasting, Bodegas Jesús Nazareno, Baena
- Winery tour and tasting, Bodegas Rodríguez Chíachío, Cabra
- Vineyard and workshop tour and tasting, Finca Nava de Silpia, Lucena
- Winery tour and tasting, Bodegas Herederos Torres Burgos, Lucena
- Tour, tasting and sampling, Museo Bodega El Alfolí, Lucena
- Tour, tasting and sampling, Bodegas Delgado, Puente Genil
- Winery tour, tasting and sampling, Bodegas El Pujío, Puente Genil