Olive oil is undoubtedly the star product of the Caminos de Pasión, and the olive grove is one of the most striking landscapes for any visitor. The climate, land and olive varieties shape their flavour, with unique hues and aromas.
In terms of Denominations of Origin, we can find the Priego de Córdoba DO where the picual, picuda and hojiblanca varieties are most widely used; the Baena DO, to which Cabra also belongs, has a fruity flavour and slightly bitter finish; a characteristic of the Lucena DO is its rich green colour stemming from mainly using the hojiblanca variety and, finally, we find the Estepa DO which encompasses oils that, during their production process, have been respectful to the environment and includes Puente Genil.
Available activities include tours of oil mills and olive groves, oil tasting or enjoying a miller style breakfast or lunch among the olive groves.
Tours and activities
- Tour of Florencio Aguilera olive oil mill and olive grove, Alcalá la Real
- Tour of Molino Núñez de Prado olive oil mill, tasting and lunch, Baena
- Tour of Cortijo Suerte Alta olive grove and mill, Baena
- Tour of Oleum 1948 olive grove and oil tasting, Écija
- Tour of Nava de Silpia olive grove and oil tasting, Lucena
- Tour of Aceites 1881 olive grove during the production season, Osuna
- Tour of Herriza de la Lobilla olive oil mill and olive groves, Osuna
- Olive oil tasting and tour of olive groves, Aceites Vizcántar, Priego de Córdoba
- Tour of Manuel Montes olive mill and oil tasting, Priego de Córdoba