The palace was built between 1700 and 1775. It was granted “Historical and Artistic Monument” status in 1962 and is protected as a “Site of Cultural Interest”. The Peñaflor family resided at the palace until 1958.
The decoration on the staircase that leads to the upper floor is noteworthy for its artistic interest: it forms part of Cristóbal Portillo’s decorative programme, produced at the end of the eighteenth century.
The Peñaflor Viewpoint forms part of the Peñaflor palace’s façade and is located on the corner of Calle Mas y Prat. It dates back to the eighteenth century and consists of a ground-level arcade with two- or three-storey open galleries; its arcades, propped up by supports, characteristic of the era, feature typical canopies that make use of the balconies’ projections. It is decorated with polychrome of the same era, which contributes to the building’s grandeur.
It is currently not open to the public.