Nuestra Señora de la Victoria church was founded in 1506 over the site of San Martín chapel, which originally belonged to the Minim Congregation. It was the fourth convent that the order founded in Spain.
It has a Greek cross floor plan and has two carved marble Baroque portals, a vault covered in eighteenth-century yeseria, and a grand, three-sectioned, exposed brick tower, which appears to be connected to Málaga’s Baroque style.
The early eighteenth-century main altarpiece exhibits a collection of paintings of the same period, which depict the Immaculate Conception, the Imposition of the Chasuble on Saint Ildefonsus, Saint Michael, Saint Joseph, Saint Anthony of Padua and Saint Blaise. The central niche features the mid-sixteenth century Jesus Christ of the Gonfalon sculpture; the Our Lady of the Victoria sculpture appears in the attic.
The marquises of Peñaflor’s tombs can also be found inside the church.
The brick tower was erected between 1754 and 1757. It differs from other Baroque towers in Écija, as the shaft is decorated.
The Cristo de Confalón brotherhood has an agreement with the church to use it as its base and is committed to displaying its sculptures for worship.
C/ de la Victoria,Écija