This public building was built with the view to centralise Écija’s market trading at the start of the Isabelline period in 1844. It is located on the same site as the former San Fulgencio de la Compañía de Jesús school. The Society of Public Works, constituted in 1843 by José Angulo Lasso de la Vega (Marquis of Arenal) sponsored its construction, given that the former Jesuit building was in a state of collapse in 1842.
The market stalls are arranged around a cloister and offer a vast range of local products, bakeries, meat and cured cuts, fish, fruit and vegetables.
C/ Compañía, 6,Écija