The church was founded in 1592 and belonged to the hospital of the same dedication. The church has a single nave with a choir screen at the foot of the church. It has a Renaissance-style façade and the central part features a niche that displays a stone sculpture of the Virgin Mary.
The retablo belongs to the seventeenth century; the Solomonic columns are its most predominant element. The main altar is dedicated to the Immaculate Conception, which was sculpted at the beginning of the century. The devotional Jesus Christ of the Greatest Pain sculpture by Lorenzo Cano stands next to the altar.
Several paintings are displayed in the side retablos, among which, Saint John of Nepomuk and the Vision of Saint Anthony of Padua are both noteworthy and date to the second third of the eighteenth century.
The choir stands at the foot of the nave and is decorated with yeseria from the first quarter of the seventeenth century. The eighteenth-century red and black jasper pulpit is also in this section.
C/ del Conde, 31,Écija