Bodegas Mora Chacón from Lucena was founded in 1891, which was a family-run bodega dating back to before 1840. It was founded by José de Mora y Madroñero, knight of the Order of Carlos III and Isabella of Castile. The bodega was founded in calle San Pedro in Lucena, in the former Santo Domingo convent and where the founder’s inheritors continued.
His wines, aged in oak barrels with “love, patience and care” were so exquisite that, on 13 July 1891, the Reigning Queen María Cristina gave the bodega the privilege of being the royal wine supplier.
In 1982, the bodegas moved to their current location on the Córdoba – Málaga road Km. 76, where the family continues producing exquisite wines, a valuable legacy passed down from father to son through the generations.