18th century construction. Triumphal gate, Neoclassical in style. Before the Arco de la Pastora arch was oppressed by the high buildings that now surround it, it was a commemorative gate constructed in stone during the reign of Carlos IV. According to the date engraved the plaque upon the tympanum on the Plaza Cervantes side of the arch, it was constructed in 1794. The plaque on the other side of the arch, which used to look onto a field, and is now where the bullring stands reads “UNDER THE REIGN OF CARLOS IV AND MARÍA LUISA OF BOURBON. YEAR MDCCXCVI”.