This anisette distillery was founded in 1880 in a country estate close to the town. It was built there to make use of the underwater springs.
The country estate was built on 1st century Roman thermal springs that were later transformed into wheat mills on the arrival of the Moors. Remains from these eras have been preserved.
The distillery is based on two 130-year-old copper stills, which have a capacity of 400 litres, reverting to the methods used in years bygone in the attempt to ensure that anisette and liquors are produced in the most artisan way.
Since 1880, our installations have been producing anisette and brandy using the traditional copper still distillation technique. In 1920, the factory produced the first natural Andalusian sloe brandy.